Thursday, October 11, 2007

my boss asked me to see him in the conference room.
syet.. may kasalanan na naman ba ko..
i closed the door and silently prayed for a life saver.
please, please, please, please, pleeeeeeeeeaaaassse...
do not let this be my demise.

*whew*
he's approving my vacation leave.
i was waiting for this since the moment I passed my VL form
alas.
Bora, here I come!!! :)

"Ola.. i also need to talk to you about one more thing.."
there was a hesitation in his voice.
my throat felt dry, as i squinted and covered my mouth with my big notebook
"uh.. is it about my lates?..."
He chuckled..
"No, but i'll addressed that some other time.. How was your trip to crame?
Crame.
the slight thought of the place disgusts me.
it's the only place where i felt like i was treated unfairly.
it felt like they already have this notion of me being a criminal
and one little mistake could be my ticket to prison.

"Okay naman, sir.. It was quite an experience. I was a bit nervous at first, but at the end i was laughing all about it."
He chuckled again. Another hesitation..
"I hate to be the one to tell you this.. but.. you failed the exam.."
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????
I cannot believe what I've just heard.
How can I possibly fail it??
"You'll have to go there, and re-take the test.."
I looked at my boss with worried eyes.
not sure if he noticed, but i felt my eyes watering.
I shrugged it off by laughing.
How in the world did that happen...
he assured me that the management is not treating the lie detector exam as a basis of pin-pointing of who's the culprit.
but even though he kept on feeding me with comforting words,
it still feels like I was put in a man-hole
and I can't seem to find my way out.


*sigh*
great, just great.
*sigh*
itawa mo nalang.
at least, I still have my (pampalubag loob) vacation leave.

No comments: