Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Last Night's Dream

Dreams can sometimes be a piss.
Right when it's supposed to be gettin better
that's when you lose it and start waking up.

***
I was with Pakner, Nadine, Junee, Gaines, and the gang at the mall.
I was hanging out with them, shopping, laughing, and congratulating them for being able to graduate with flying colors. :)

In dreams, you can do anything.
So in that dream, I was a super woman.
I do not have the flying-telekenetic-out-of-the-ordinary-superpower.
But I knew then, although still afraid, that I can move mountains If I wanted to.

I was all over the place.
Heights has always been an obstacle for me in real life.
But I manage to get stuff for Nadz and the gang,
I was in high places I never imagined I can even reach.

I was jumping off tables and clearing of chairs with grace.
I breeze through blocks that hinders me from doing what I was supposed to do.
I was tired, but i knew I can do more.
The mall was my jungle, and I was my own hero.

That was the weird part, anyway.

We went to a restaurant to eat some and celebrate their triumph.
We were all on our seats, Happily chatting, and reminiscing the day that has been.
And I finally had to go.
Dad was waiting. My ticket ride home.

An unfamiliar voice from across the table was heard.
"Matatagalan pa ba kayo.."
I suddenly was aware of the stranger's presence in front of me.
I looked around and saw the restaurant filling up.
Marami na palang tao.. I thought.
He was alone, with a tray of food in his hands, I knew he wanted to hurry and know the answer.
"Ah No, sorry, patapos na kami," I said in a rush, and smiled.
"I was just reminding them on how much I was such a good friend to them. Mga hindi man lang nag thank you sa lahat ng mga ginawa ko. (pointing at my super power favors I did for them)," I added, and threw a sarcastic look at them and laughed.
"They can buy you at least some fries to show gratitude. Or you can have mine..," He nonchalantly replied.
"What?" I didn't seem to hear that last remark right.
He placed his tray on my table, and sat.
"Or they can have my fries, and you can stay put. I'm starving."
Junee, got a single fries from the stranger's tray, stucked it in his mouth and snickered.
They were all looking at me,
"What?" I still say.
He motioned to our table, and realized I was stuck.
If I insist on leaving, he and everyone else would have to stand up again, and move all the tables.
My super powers were gone.
Suddenly, I was not so swift anymore.

"You had long day." He pointed at his tummy, and signaled he has to eat.
He shoved his french fries in front of me, ate his burger and gave me a foolish smile.

Pakner, who was on his left, had to say something
"Her name is Ola, by the way." She blurted out with her wide smile.
He answered back, grinning.
"I'm Ben."


I lose it.
And I was awake.

***

No comments: