Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Bes.

I waited for the clock to strike 12.
I could have slept all the way through, as the girls and I just got home from Batangas.
but I just couldn't bear not to greet you, first thing.

While lying in bed, I grabbed the magic 8th ball from my bag and with my eyes wide shut, I silently asked..
"Is bes with Sheen now?"
Shook the ball for just a bit, and with one eye half-open, I read the answer.
--Without a doubt.
Oh, just perfect. Pasaway talaga.
"Should I call to greet him?"
--Yes.
"Would he be happy if I called?"
--It is certain.

That was it for me.
Everyone, deserves a 12 a.m. greeting-call on their birthday, right?
I decided, waiting for 30mins more, will be worth it.

12:00 a.m. 19January 2009.
My phone blasted it's alarm.
*alarm* Bes 25. *alarm*

I picked up my phone, and dialed your number.
You answered with a warm smile.
"Hi bes! :)"
"Hi bes, Happy Birthday. :)"

I can hear you were busy.
And from then on it was confirmed, you were indeed with her.

Of course.

You said she was the first to greet you.
I was late. Again.

It felt weird.
you sounded happy, but i didn't know if it was the real deal.
i wanted it to be, but I'm not sure if you were with the right person.

I quickly said my goodbyes and take cares.
you replied with a lot of thankyous and a big smile.
I knew you were having a great time.
and I guess.. that was enough for me.

Although I still do not think that she is the best girl for you,
i didn't dare to spoil your mood.
What can I say, it's YOUR day bes.
You deserved that smile on your face, and that twinkle in your eye.
that sweet hug.
that warm tug on your hand.
that moment, when you can just forget everything.
and that 12 a.m. birthday company.

---
bukas nalang kita sesermonan.

No comments: