Thursday, July 17, 2008

Life's questions

it's been a long day.

had dinner with jacq, eileen and cams right after their dance practice.
every one was tired, so it was easy for each of us to let out our angst
from work
from colleagues
from existing and non-existing love life
and from life in general.

got home around past 10 in the evening.
Tony called.
and heard the same story i just had over dinner.

"How can life be so unfair?"
"I've given so much, why don't i receive anything in return?"
"I want to be really happy just like every one else, when's my turn going to be?
"Where should I go, What should I do, Who should i run to?"
the many questions we all store in our minds and keep in our hearts.

are we asking for the wrong questions,
or are we looking for the answers we only want to hear?

and i realized..
we have all been warned.
by our elders,
our friends,
our textbooks,
our music,
our surroundings,
our experiences in Life..
"looks can be deceiving."
"not all that glistens, is gold."
"the best things in life are free."

not everything that's best for us is laid in a beautiful grand package
(like a bundle of us would have expected it to be..)
in most times, the best things are found in places we would not envision them to be.
and some times, it is in appreciating the simple things, that matters most.

I know that life can be hard,
but i also know this,
Life can mean so much more, if we'd only give it a chance.
It's not about who gets more, and who gets less.
why don't we have that, and why don't we have this.
The world does not owe us anything.
maybe,
the reason why we are so unhappy with our lives is because we keep on chasing for the wrong things that we thought will make us happy.
maybe because, we are too blind to see what is right in front of us,
or too ignorant to feel the present gently laid upon us.
just at out reach, silently waiting for us to grab it, and embrace it.

---

The Bible says,
"I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise
to bring you back to this place.
For i know the plans i have for you,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call upon me,
and come and pray to me,
and i will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
-Jeremiah 29:10-13

we've all been trying to search for an answer to satisfy all our needs.
And all the while, i realize the answer is in this scripture.

No comments: